View Single Post
Old 09-06-2021, 10:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Depends on which Sniper you use. The Stealth has no regulator and is purposely designed to be dead headed so you can keep the stock appearances under the hood. Some of the others they sell can be dead headed but they generally recommend full flow and regulating the return to minimize injector pulse issues.

Generally when you dead head them you'll need a pulse damper to calm down the fuel pressure pulsing which will skew the AFR a bit and make it's ability to learn a little erratic, also makes it easier to dial in and read the fuel pressure much more accurate.

They'll also tell you they really prefer the regulator to be as close to the unit as possible for more accurate results. Especially if you are dead heading it.

Another tip that a lot of the dealers and pro tuners recommend is a vacuum referenced fuel pressure regulator. It gives more accurate fueling at higher vacuum situations. I always had one but didn't hook up the vacuum at first. I found that it really settled down my fuel trims once the vacuum was operational.

There are going to be a lot of ways to make it better, many of them they don't bother to mention when selling the kit. But it will all make the EFI swap much more enjoyable in the long run.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE