View Single Post
Old 09-06-2021, 01:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The LS filter I have comes with bracket so it looks like a simple mount. I have the 3/8" and 5/16" AN6 fittings to use the 3/8" PTFE hose between tank and regulator for the supply and return including a 180 for the return line back to the tank. I'll my existing 3/8" hardline to the engine compartment and just cap off the existing 5/16" return line as unused.

I already have my existing electric fuel pump wiring w. relay right in front of the tank to connect to the in-tank leads so that's all set. I wired the old electric pusher through a hidden toggle which will now serve as a fuel delivery interrupt anti-theft device.

The only thing I am concerned with is the lack of a flat surface on top of the tank to mount the pump inlet/outlet flange but the kit comes with a thick foam gasket to fill in the "ribs" on top of the tank where I cut the access hole so I am guessing it's a non-issue.

I looked real hard at a similar "complete kit" with an EFI ready tank that was only $120 more than what I spent for my parts but there were some trade-offs. The hose supplied with the tank was the plain CPE type rather than the braided/PTFE lined I bought, the pump and regulator were no-name parts (I have Walbro and Wix) and the AN6 fittings are of unknown quality. The kicker was the tank drop ships from the manufacturer and would not be available to ship until the end of October, so, no bueno.

Last edited by NeighborsComplaint; 09-06-2021 at 01:55 AM.