View Single Post
Old 09-05-2021, 05:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Taking the EFI plunge ... wish me luck!

Well, I bit the bullet and scrounged for some deals on an EFI setup. I wound up a with a refurbed Holley Sniper from the Holley store for $400 less than retail, an in-tank pump retrofit kit w. Walbro pump and baffled tray, a braided PTFE hose kit w. AN fittings and a Wix 33737 filter regulator w. return.

The plan is to mount the regulator where my current Holley red pump is currently located ( just ahead and below the tank) and use my existing 3/8" fuel line. The supply and return (short lines) will be plumbed w. PTFE as well as the supply line to the throttle body. I will also swap out my ProComp dual plane intake for a Torker II I bought a while back.

I am going to try to retain my old mechanical pump to carb hard line and picked up the compression to AN fittings to do this just to maintain a "stock-ish" appearance. I just have to come up with a bracket to secure the end of the hard line coming off one of the fuel pump block-off plate bolts. My tank and fuel lines are only a couple years old so I decided to retain them and do the retrofit rather than purchase a new tank.

I have seen them plumbed this way but something tells me I should locate the regulator closer to the throttle body using the high pressure on the long supply run and regulated pressure on the short run to the throttle body. I have 3/8" supply & 5/16" return hard lines in the stock location (both are new) and could just as easily mount the filter/regulator right on the frame rail and plumb to my supply and return.

For you guys that have done this type of install, which way did you go?