View Single Post
Old 03-18-2022, 08:01 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
While I'm talking about the Dual Gate ... boy the gear indicator seems kind of fiddly ... does it go on before the console mounting plate? Or between the console mounting plate and the top chrome cover .. I've got it between the mounting plate and the top chrome cover now ... basically only held in by snapping down the chrome cover.

Your timing for the post is really good for me. Just landed my first 68 with a dual gate shifter....... and the the top cover was loose. I removed it and both clips were broken off, but one of them was still in the bottom of the shifter so I'll reattach it like you did. Now I need to find another clip! With respect to the gear indicator, my lense and lamp housing were just sandwitched between the cover plate and shifter, but seemed pretty snug with the top cover on. I'm stumped though. How does this illuminate? The indicator lamp housing has a metal plate on top that blocks the bulb illumination. The lense sits on top of the metal cover. Is the illumination just supposd to somehow radiate though the edge of the lense or ???? Not really sure how this is supposed to indicate much of anything.

Regards,
Old Joe