View Single Post
Old 07-20-2021, 05:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The rockers have a factory designed ( Fisher body design) system called " Flush and Dry" . This used the higher pressure area at base of windscreen to push air at pressure through the front "air horns" to vents, and rockers. This would flush at rain, and dry at speed after. This is one of many reasons why the cars sit 1/2 to 1 inch LOWER in the back from the factory. Getting the water out that back rubber flap is key, having it downhill is very important.
I like the wax, which can flow into cracks, but the eastwood internal frame coating is thinner and has inhibitors that neutralize surface rust. That said; their applicator sucks.
I use the SEM 71120 " Rust Preventer Aero Wand" on the Eastwood can. Its stiffer, doesn't curl, better dispersion end and its longer. I have used the wax after this dries, and used the fluid film or waxoil after it dries.
Usually lift front of car and run water down it once car is drivable, and drive it dry.
Using a dehumidifier and a storage lift can keep the car rust free for a long time.