View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 11:31 PM
Senior Chief

My 1972 Pontiac LeMans Sport

My grandmother bought this car brand new in 1972 From Packer Pontiac in Miami, Florida. Traded in her 1970 LeMans for it. I now own it.

Here's the car she traded in on it:

Here's me with that car in 1970:

The original color is Cardinal Red.

As for the odd vinyl top... From what I can figure out... the white top was added by the dealership. The PHS shows no vinyl. It was originally vinyl but it now just painted white. I suspect this was a Florida thing. Ever seen another like it? You can see the top was like this the day she brought it home in June of 1972 in this picture:

My Grandmother loved this car and took excellent car of it over the years she had it. She put about 250K miles on the car. It was her only source of transportation from 1972-2002 It has been repainted, but almost everything else is original (even the hubcaps are the originals).

Here she is with it a few years before she passed away:

Here's a shot of me on Christmas morning in about 1981 with the car. I was told to take all the wrapping paper trash out to grandmas car and she was going to take it home and put in her dumpster. When I opened the trunk I found myself a brand new bike.

I have fond memories of this car. in 1972 I drove from Florida to Utah with her in it right after she bought it. I can still remember that none of the kids were allowed in the car till they removed their shoes. Apparently that was a good call seeing as though all the interior is still original. Even the dash pad is still perfect:

Last edited by firstyearta; 01-15-2012 at 11:51 PM.