View Single Post
Old 08-03-2021, 09:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnta1 View Post
The phone didn't come with an instruction book or something?

Yeah, there's instruction books from both Motorola & Tracphone. BUT, they assume the buyer already knows the basics of using a smart phone. I'm a TOTAL beginner, a smart phone DUMMY.

" I don’t know your phone, but shift key is usually an “up arrow” "

OK. I Googled it. One site says you type the word with small case letters, then highlite the word. Tap that word to highlite it, then click the up arrow to capitalize the 1st letter, or double click it to capitalize the whole word. Another site says you just tap the up arrow once to capitalize the next letter typed. Haven't tried that yet.

https://www.computerhope.com/issues/...htm#smartphone

Here's another dummy question:

Are your Google account log-in ID & password the same as your gmail log-in & password ?

If not, that is probably why my phone don't seem to wanna accept my Google account info.

The reason I asked the question is because when I looked thru my list of log-in & PW info, I didn't find Google. Only found gmail. The PW is what I have to type in to open my chromebooks.

This is an answer I Googled up, to the question.

"...Your Gmail password is the same as your Google account password. ..."

But, here's what another site said:

"...Think of it this way: All Gmail.com accounts are Google accounts, but not all Google accounts are Gmail.com accounts. For example, a user can sign up for a Google account with her @yahoo.com email address..."

Last edited by ponyakr; 08-03-2021 at 09:28 AM.