View Single Post
Old 08-22-2023, 11:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I used it on several street cars, I've never found the noise overbearing, or objectionable.

You may not be old enough to remember cars before many bladed clutch fans, but direct drive fixed fans never sounded like vacuum cleaners. The loud noise seemed to come about when clutch fans became more commonplace. At $35 you can try it out without a huge cash outlay, but I really don't think you'll find the noise a problem.

The original use for the nylon fans were RV applications, it worked so well for RV applications performance car owners were looking for a inexpensive simple no frills fan that moved a ton of air, and this fan fits those needs very well. As I said, my radiator repair shop owner is the one that first told me about these fans, so he was using them on daily driver cars, not high performance applications. If they were objectionable for a quiet daily driver, I'm sure he wouldn't have been installing them.

Remember that heat travels at the speed of electricty, electrons is how heat transfer is accomplished. The more air that crosses the heat exchanger (radiator) the quicker heat transfers to the atmosphere. Move more air, move more heat. Pontiacs had fixed fans for decades before the clutch fans came along, the belts, and pulleys can handle the loads. I've used these fans on race cars for years without any sign of a problem, if they can stand that type of abuse, you're not going to overstress anything on a street car.

I hope that helps you out.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Last edited by Sirrotica; 08-22-2023 at 11:39 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sirrotica For This Useful Post: