View Single Post
Old 01-29-2021, 06:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

No paying on line for us. We're getting mail late and sent mail arrives late, but I'm not going to worry about an account being hacked. An friend of mine was paying online and one of his bank accounts was hacked. They lost money and it took the bank a couple of months before they got it back to his account. I don't have much but I'm not about to take the chance of losing what little we do have even for a "short" time.

BTW Beware... watch out for the newer Social Security scam. They tell you the law is on the way to arrest you if you don't talk to them and co-operate. Social Security doesn't call you, they'll send a letter only. We've had several calls in the past 2 weeks. If it's not a number you know or one that doesn't have ID don't answer it, if you did just hang up.... do not talk to them after the recording is done. Calling the number back does nothing.

The wife called Social Security and they, and the FBI, know about it and are working hard to catch these AHs. The lady at Social Security she talked to had it happen to her for the first time last night. She was not happy at all.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.