View Single Post
Old 05-17-2022, 11:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I ordered one for my Cutlass and generally like it, but there is room for improvement. Start up takes long enough to be noticeable, and switching from band to band (FM1 to FM2 to FM3 to AM1 to AM2) takes a couple seconds each time. I'd like the option to program out the bands I don't want to use (FM3 and AM 1 and 2). The knobs are a decent match for the wiper and other knobs in the Olds dash, and the overlay that says Oldsmobile with the AM numbers on it looks decent when the radio is off. It can make the LCD hard to read in the daytime with the radio on, but not so bad at night.

I took these pics tonight in a dark garage, so they're a little grainy. If you look closely, you'll see I had to make a filler plate around the radio face because the factory dash opening is a little bigger than the radio face.

The knobs are not intuitive; if I don't drive the car for awhile, I have to look up which one switches inputs, or how to adjust balance or bass and treble.

It sounds great, has decent power, and the bluetooth connects reliably. I was considering a second one for my Trans Am, but I sold it first.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20220518_031824805.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	591063   Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20220518_031856480.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	591064