View Single Post
Old 02-14-2022, 10:50 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
Looks like something NASA would build, beautiful work.
If you ever get jammed up for room for the screw type hose clamps consider using "Cinch Clamps" they take up way less room, work great, but can be a pain to remove.
Thanks!
Tanks Inc. sure does a nice job with the silver powder coat. I took extra care during the installation as not to scratch it.
Yeah I used those cinch style clamps up front where the hoses connect to the engine.

Hooked up all the hoses at the tank today. Here's a photo of the vent connection. The hose is 5/16" and the trunk loop tube is 1/4" so I put a piece of heat shrink tubing on the tip of loop tube to make the hose fit tightly. Tanks Inc. supplied me with a rollover valve but I can't find a good location to mount it so I think I'll go without it. I'm going to be pretty careful with the car and don't plan on rolling it. Not a good idea with a convertible without a roll bar anyway.

Posting a photo of the original vent loop inside the trunk as I know some of my follower friends probably haven't seen one before.

It took me a couple of months to get but I received the A/C condenser I had on order from Original Air and got it installed. It is a parallel flow design instead of the original serpentine type. It's a spendy piece at $360. $454 with tax and shipping.

They do a pretty good job making it fit exactly like the original but I did have to bend the tubes some to be able to get it into place.

I dug out the Magnaflow exhaust system I bought a few months back and started looking at it. It appears like I'm going to have to modify it some to get it to fit with the G Force transmission crossmember I have. Anyway, installing the exhaust looks like is what I'm planning to do next.

'55 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe - Ram Jet 350 / T56 Magnum 6spd, Restomod Completed Sept. 2012, Sold Sept. 2021 PHOTO
The Following User Says Thank You to roger1 For This Useful Post: