View Single Post
Old 02-07-2022, 09:37 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Great! Glad they did the right thing for you too.
I bought my speaker from Summit as well. This is the mounting tape I used:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Gorilla-...5002/308910063
I've always bought the 3M version before but I think the Gorilla is just as good and a bit easier to separate the plastic from the backside of the tape.

Update:

Blasted and repainted the original '69 radiator fan I bought from GTO.PAUL and got it installed with a new Hayden HD clutch and new bolts. I did not get the correct fan with this car. It was a 5 blade and correct with A/C is a seven blade. It must have been changed out at some point in it's life. Paul happened to have the correct numbered part in perfect shape. It even was date coded correctly for my car.

Did a couple minor repairs on the lower dash duct assembly. It had a few holes underneath drilled underneath that I filled. Must have had something mounted to it at some point.
It also had a mount pad broken out where 1 of the 3 attaching screws goes. I cut and shaped a piece for it from 1/8" plastic sheeting that I had and grafted it to duct using JB Weld.

Got a bit more wiring done in the engine compartment. I mounted and wired the high speed blower relay. I mounted it behind the brake booster as I had done with both the Edelbrock EFI and fuel pump relays. Also wired in the original blower speed resistor along with mounting A/C accumulator and wiring in the compressor cycling switch.

Received the stereo amp I ordered and mounted it to the back of the glove box. I chose this Kenwood because it was the perfect size to be able to mount it there. It's a 4 channel amp with 45 watts per channel.

After mounting the glove box in the dash with the amp in place, I completed the wiring for both the radio and the amp and then installed the glove box lid, ash tray, lower dash column cover and the lower duct assembly and finished all that today.

I'm very impressed with the job Just Dashes did with the recovering job. Really impressed with the job they did on the glove box lid too. It fits super well. It was a bit warped when I sent it to them and they corrected that just as they said they would do.

Btw, if you look one either side of the e-brake release handle, you can see where I mounted the rocker switch and dimmer control for the Dakota gauges. It was the least conspicuous place I could find to mount them and still have them easily accessed. The dimmer knob was aluminum but I painted it black so it wouldn't be as noticeable.

'55 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe - Ram Jet 350 / T56 Magnum 6spd, Restomod Completed Sept. 2012, Sold Sept. 2021 PHOTO
The Following User Says Thank You to roger1 For This Useful Post: