View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 04:35 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

As you can see for the some of the starting pics, essentially the car had sat neglected for a while.

The honest truth is that there are so many bits and pieces (many of which I don't even know what they are or what they do) that I've been overwhelmed. I'm all over the place...

I suppose that I can order a new engine and tail harness and reuse the other stuff for now to get he project mobile... If the "boss" want's new later I can always do that. Besides, I don't worry about fires as I keep the batteries disconnected or removed when not in use. (When I dig out the harness, I'll clean it up and shoot some pics and post it here for opinions. If it's bad I'll go from there.

As for the other parts, I think I have stored most of them for reference- to make sure the new stuff fit properly and so on. I gave them the engine after I opened it and made sure it was still serviceable. I took off the little brackets but left most everything else. They tossed what they felt should be replaced.

I tired to be as thorough as possible with this stuff but as most projects go, if it takes too long to get back to it, you'll manage to have parts all over the place.

For example: I have a new fuel tank in my "parts bedroom". Old one was yanked and thrown away by body shop - they said it was no good (so I have no sending unit and I don't know how it was plumbed as I don't have pics)

I have the original brake master cylinder in a box. Body shop was insisting at a minimum that I buy a new double and maybe a booster for safety. (haven't done so yet)

The machine shop rebuilt the 2bbl for me but I haven't affixed it. (It's in a box with a bunch of little odds and ends that I need to figure out)

My dash gauges are stock and refreshed by Pete Serio. My dash has been cut and a/c panel retro-fitted- I'm painting it as well. I had my new shop cut in the a/c vents for the sides of the dash.

Radiator was in very poor condition so it's on the list of things to be replaced.

Interior was trashed so it all needs redone. Seat frames are down to springs. (blasted and painted) Original is gold but now "boss" is thinking black since we may need to stay in the hot rod black color for a while.... Maybe I'll just buy a used black bench set up and call it good.

She's even wanting to use the old crusty emblems (need s set of 326 fender emblems) and skipping most of the chrome...

The list goes on and on and on.

Last edited by boostmaster; 12-06-2013 at 05:08 PM.