View Single Post
Old 08-21-2022, 02:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm not entirely clear on how the SR block situation worked. I was under the impression that the dealer didn't keep SR blocks in their inventory. So when a car came in that needed a replacement block, the dealership had to order it. I had a friend who worked as a mechanic for a Pontiac dealership from about 1965 until 1974, and that is what he told me. I got several 4-bolt blocks from him because he would save any 4-bolt blocks that were replaced under warranty.

Rocky, it won't be easy to get the information you're looking for. When I got an engine I planned to keep, I stripped the heads, distributor, oil pan, and oil pump off. I greased any visible metal with white lithium grease or painted axle grease on with a brush. I then wrapped it in plastic wrap, and double bagged it. I generally wrote the engine, code, standard or over-bore, and noted condition on white tape. When somebody wants to buy one, we pull it out and cut open the bag to verify bore and codes. If I do sell it and the buyer wants to inspect, I'll record the info.

I'm thinking I might be better off selling the distributor for a Ram III Firebird, which I think is the same p/n.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01169.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	596904