Thread: PRI Show 2022
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2022, 10:32 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
Oh yea, you bet. A tiny 8'X8' booth with a single table and a chair was a couple thousand dollars for the 3 days as a vendor BEFORE SEMA bought PRI. Talking to my friend at Sunnen about 8 years ago when the show was in Orlando, FL. For Sunnen to bring 2 semi's full of new equipment to Orlando, set it up in the hall, wire all the equipment to run, bring 12-14 employees, pay their room and board and all the show fee's. It was a half a MILLION dollar weekend for the company. And they were not the largest vendor. Probably in the top 150 or so. So this show is a huge undertaking. I estimate vendor numbers were down 15-20% from the pre-COVID high's. Still a great show and worth it to me every year. A chance to see everything going on in the racing indusrry in 3 days in 1 place. Chance to talk to people who own companies and actually make decisions. Eric and I have had some success getting vendors to actually make PONTIAC parts after beating on them year after year. Edelbrock, Crower, King, Moroso, are just a few that come to mind.
Guys like me appreciate when guys like you beat on those vendors...You guys have helped more than most people could ever know...Thank You

The Following User Says Thank You to opeliac For This Useful Post: