Thread: PRI Show 2022
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2022, 10:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnta1 View Post
This is just for the 'spectators' not for the people with booths and all their attending helpers?

Oh yea, you bet. A tiny 8'X8' booth with a single table and a chair was a couple thousand dollars for the 3 days as a vendor BEFORE SEMA bought PRI. Talking to my friend at Sunnen about 8 years ago when the show was in Orlando, FL. For Sunnen to bring 2 semi's full of new equipment to Orlando, set it up in the hall, wire all the equipment to run, bring 12-14 employees, pay their room and board and all the show fee's. It was a half a MILLION dollar weekend for the company. And they were not the largest vendor. Probably in the top 150 or so. So this show is a huge undertaking. I estimate vendor numbers were down 15-20% from the pre-COVID high's. Still a great show and worth it to me every year. A chance to see everything going on in the racing indusrry in 3 days in 1 place. Chance to talk to people who own companies and actually make decisions. Eric and I have had some success getting vendors to actually make PONTIAC parts after beating on them year after year. Edelbrock, Crower, King, Moroso, are just a few that come to mind.