View Single Post
Old 02-06-2023, 11:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWYSTR455 View Post
Yes, the XFlow too. The earlier Stealth setups came with the HP ECU, not sure what they use now. With the HP ECU, you have an upgrade path to SEFI without having to upgrade the ECU.

Transducers are fast-acting, and very accurate. Datalogging is very granular.

Honestly I'm not sure what they use now either. I've heard they separated the ECU's from the Stealth units on the later models. Not really what I wanted to hear but I guess makes it easier to service.

Yes those transducers are extremely fast acting. Took a bit getting used to vs an analog gauge. I actually compared the two, with good analog oil and fuel pressure gauges to the transducers at the same time on a running engine. Mainly to make sure they were accurate, but I found while the analog gauges were rock steady, the transducer readings do fluctuate around a few numbers back and forth extremely fast. Just normal I guess.
Did throw me for a loop on the fuel pressure though, related to this thread. I thought maybe the fuel pressure was fluctuating too much on the transducer so that's when I invested in a Radium dampener. I would have never noticed until the transducer was installed because the analog gauge was rock steady and I actually was driving the car for about a year before the switch to transducers and it ran perfectly fine. The dampener did calm down the transducer readings a good 90% but it still moves around back and forth a few PSI. Not a big deal. The big reason was so that I could datalog the fuel pressure during a pass and in a datalog I can look at any point of the run, so what I see fluctuating on the screen in real time doesn't really matter so much.

It's all pretty cool stuff when it works like it should.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE