View Single Post
Old 01-22-2023, 02:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Fuel pressure dampener install with Sniper

I'm wondering if I can install a fuel pressure dampener between the unused ports on a base Sniper throttle body (front of the tb). My thinking is that this would be like installing a dampener on a fuel rail in a MPFI system, which is often done.

As background, I installed a Sniper/Hyperspark system. It's set-up to run returnless with an in-tank ZL1 fuel module, Vaporworx controller, and mostly 1/2" hardline. The car seems to run fine, I only noticed the fuel pressure fluctuations when I looked at the mechanical fuel pressure gauge (I verified the gauge). I installed a Radium fuel pressure dampener about 24" away from the throttle body (it's under the fuel pressure gauge in the photo), mostly because this was the easiest place to put it. This cut down on the fluctuations by half, but they are still there. I suspect I have to move the dampener closer to the throttle body, but I'm space limited (drop base air cleaner to clear hood). Thoughts about plumbing the dampener to those unused ports on the TB? Of course open to other suggested fixes.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5584.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	605751