View Single Post
Old 11-28-2023, 11:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Looking into the same thing, and I'm trying to find the gotchas in the SPC/AFX setup.

What steering arms should be used with the AFX spindle? In doing research, several posters on GM websites (mostly camaro/Nova builds) struggle to find steering arms that clear 17 or 18" wheels, 5-5.5" backspace and the AFX spindle.

What about wheel selection for the AFX spindle? Does the AFX spindle/vette rotor push the wheel mounting flange inward? What backspace is typically required to properly locate a 17 or 18" wheel in the wheelhouse?

What springs should be used with the SPC/AFX? By the time you add the .5 ball joint drop, the 2" A-arm drop, the 1" AFX spindle drop, the 1" SPC spring drop, the headers will drag the street. The SPC spacers aren't going to offset all the drops. Can you use other brands of spring with the SPC arms? The SPC lower doesn't require a special spring purchased from them, does it?

Is it necessary to use the SPC uppers and lowers together? Is there a downside to using less expensive LCAs? Other than how the SPC lowers allow the use of spring spacers?

Do the SPC lower control arms have the travel stops for the steering in A-bodies?

Does the corvette brakes require any changes to the brake hydraulic system? Will the 71-style GTO power disc brake setup work? (I've got later style combo valve below the master)

What steering box? I've got a borgenson 12.7:1 box coming for this build, seems to be well recommended.

White '67 LeMans 407/TH350/Ford 3.89... RIP
Red '67 LeMans. 407/TH400/Ford 3.25

Last edited by chiphead; 11-28-2023 at 12:00 PM.