Thread: Aww Nuts
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 02:23 PM
Senior Chief

Arrow Aww Nuts

The paint is beautiful (ok some minor flaws) and she is coming together faster than I expected, but I'm finding myself doing double work.

First thing I started was the wiring when she came home and I routed the wires to be sure that I had enough with the Painless kit. I then pulled the wires through good solid chafe guard in the engine bay and clamped them down. I was quite pleased with the outcome...until Saturday morning.

I am so used to setting up Buick engine bays that the first thing I noticed was I ran all the "on-engine" to the front of the block and spent two hours pulling wires back out of the looms to re-route to the rear of the block.

I also noticed that the kit did not contain the wire for wipers...yep going to give the company a thumbs down on that .

Luckily the set-up did include a power windows and locks, which will be used for the wipers and power top...thumbs up here.

Second thing I noticed when I was dragging wires around is I forgot to install the blower motor.
I don't have a clue how to do it now with the fender installed and both halves of the heater bolted/glued in short of taking the inner fender out

So I offer this bit of advice to anyone doing any project take your time
I'm going to be an old man when I finish this lady and doing something twice is making me older still

Wayne S

1966 Le Mans Convertible STATUS: *In Progress*
389 (sixty over)/200-4R/10 Bolt (3.08 for now)

My other ride is a 71 Jeep J4000 Pick-up Truck with factory Buick 350/Th400