View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 05:10 PM

Send a message via MSN to bascom123
Default Picked up my second Firebird

Well this past weekend was an adventure to say the least. I flew to chicago to look at aquiring the younger sister to my 1969 Firebird. I got a good deal on a pretty much stock single family owned Black 1977 T/A Pontiac 400 automatic (TH350), white deluxe vinyl interior. Its pretty stock other than it looks like it was repainted at some point (original black) and who ever repainted it decided to put the SE decals on it or at least that what i think. Unless this thing is a real SE car TBD.

I'm going to order the PHS to find out for sure and to see how it was optioned. The cowl shows me a black WS4 with white deluxe interior. The car had A/C (most of it missing) and the 8 track, i also believe it is a WS7 but still need to confirm it. There is some small body work to do, front half of the floors looked like they were done decent with proper partial pans. I drove it 1200 miles from Chicago to Tampa bay area and other then the oil leak (i suspect rear main seal) it ran well, a bit hot (so the gauge said) but good.

2 days 1200 miles and 8 quarts of oil. I think its safe to say the underneath of the car is sufficiently lubricated at this point ..Let the fun begin.

I plan on fixing up the oil leak, and getting the AC fully functional. Id like to have her in good enough shape to be able to drive up to Dayton next year for the Nats. Sissy is parked next to The Hulk (my 69 firebird) in my garage safe and sound.

I really dig the period Hurst wheels.

Last edited by bascom123; 11-06-2017 at 05:14 PM. Reason: typo