View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 03:54 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

All I can say is WoW! I'm truly surprised at the outpouring of help here. Not sure what else to say but Thank You. I told the "boss" and she didn't believe me!

As you guys could see from the pics the body was relatively rust free with exception of the floors (pin holes and all). So at this time the entire body is solid metal. While it was getting worked on I had the engine and trans done so it's really just a bunch of odds and ends that I need... (That and a full interior.)

The plan had been to paint the car the original color (Champagne) and go with the original interior color (Gold) but since we sprayed the hot rod black the "boss' has expressed that she sort of likes the mad max look- (I'm not sure how long that will last.)

I've not been able to compile a comprehensive list of what I NEED as I may not know that I need it... Here's few things for sure:

1. Tempest tail harness
2. Tempest engine harness
3. 326 emblems
4. gaskets for locks and handles
5. weatherstrip (I have the trunk rubber)
6. windshield
7. water pump (?)- I have the original one and it spins freely. Not sure how to test.
7.5 water pump divider
8. u-joints for the drive shaft
9. fuel pump
10. gas tank cap
11. fuel sending unit
12. radiator and fan shroud (?) Mine didn't come with one so I'm not sure it is supposed to have one.
13. belts and hoses
14. battery cables
15. distributor
16. Coil (I have the old one but it looks original- may be time for a new one)
17. Interior (upholstery, carpet, headliner, sail panels, non a/c kick panels, door sill, door panels, plastic water shields, arm rests top and bottom, visors, rear view mirror, trunk divider, etc.) Oddly, managed to source the seat belts.
18. Rear bench mounting brackets and hardware (New floor didn't have them- need to weld new pieces in)
19. Lower chrome trim clips (mine were rotten)
20. trunk mat, spare tire and jack
21. manual antenna
21.5. Single front mounted speaker (mine was rotten)
22. glove box (I have the door but there was nothing inside)
23. directional signal switch (my lever moves up and down but does not click)
24. I have a starter and alternator but they've not yet been tested
25. lap vents for a/c (I have the center and the sides)
26. engine mounts, trans mount
27. downpipes? (I have original manifolds, had single exhaust. Was going to do a dual exhaust but apparently need downpipes since headers are probably not useful to a stock 326
28. windshield washer pump(?) I have the original but it is untested
29. Master cylinder and booster (I have the original dual MC but no booster- not sure if necessary or not. Still using drums all the way around)
30. Power steering pump/reservoir(?) I have the original- not sure if there is a test for this to see if it's good or not.
31. 67 tempest hub caps (14" wheels right now)
32. heater core

I'm sure there will be more and if you don't see something mentioned that probably should be (maybe a common wear item or something like that), please let me know... Some of this stuff I just won't know I need until I need it.

Last edited by boostmaster; 12-07-2013 at 04:04 PM.