View Single Post
Old 02-06-2022, 04:52 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff R View Post
"Even a Trans. tech would be better than me and he could come here to build it and my roommate will install it back into the car. Soon I will have to take it apart to see inside for myself what is wrong, but I still want a pro to reassemble it."

IF you are going to hire the work done leave it together. The standing labor rate here is $60 per hour, $70 if you watch. $80 if you help and $100 if you tried first and couldn't!

Don't deliver a "basket case" to someone to put the jigsaw puzzle back together. There is no guarantee it was done correctly the first time. An experienced builder wants to take it apart and study the assembly, checking each part as he goes to look for correct assembly, correct parts used, problems and reasons it wasn't working well/failed. They do not want a bare case and a box full of parts and deal with all that drama. Sure, some have the expertise to build it from scratch but it's ALWAYS better to do the entire job vs starting in the middle someplace and/or going in behind someone else who couldn't complete the work....FWIW........
I have to agree with you, the proof is in the disassembly even my roommate said the same thing as you and he is an Electronic Genius.

The Following User Says Thank You to TRADERMIKE 2012 For This Useful Post: