View Single Post
Old 02-06-2022, 04:15 AM
Suspended

I too have been reading all the different ways to rebuild this Trans. However, keep it simple this is my first one I am doing. Those people racing are making Manual shift and Trans. braking, I am just looking to build this one above stock with the Torrington Bearings. I had damaged my Torque converter and replaced it with Hughes recommendation unit. I got reverse but no forward gear and the 1-2-3 gears have low pressure.

I think I ran it too long testing and tuning it as I went through all the easy stuff like Replacing the oil Filter, R+R the valve body, detent Solenoid, Governor, Vacuum Modulator, Pump Regulator and Boost system, Servo's front and back with their perspective Accumulators. I feel by running the Torque Converter with a leak and a bad bushing for an additional 300 miles put the Trans. over the edge. The low pressure caught up with me. Sometimes I was making progress then one day I just made it home as forward gave out. So, I install the new Hughes T.C., and I still don't have forward, why?

By the way I cleaned the small Governor Screen and flushed out the Trans. and the Radiator and the remote cooler too. I added Trans fix and that got me the 300 miles, I think. I would go out 50 miles and come back. I did this 3 times, and the last time coming home was like being in second gear. What I need here is a forum member who knows Transmissions like a pro and better is that pro. Please help I am at wits end here.

The last resort is me building this trans., I am not afraid too but if some here in south Florida wants a side job, let me know. Even a Trans. tech would be better than me and he could come here to build it and my roommate will install it back into the car. Soon I will have to take it apart to see inside for myself what is wrong, but I still want a pro to reassemble it.

Last edited by TRADERMIKE 2012; 02-06-2022 at 04:42 AM.