View Single Post
Old 08-29-2022, 02:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

He appeared to be a fairly clean cut guy in his early 20s, may have been a college student.

I live in an older subdivision with large lots. My lot is at the entrance to the subdivision. He apparently turned off the main road, and somehow ran off the road between a sign on a metal post and the brick subdivision sign and ended up on the back corner of my lot. Where he ended up was not a logical place to pull over. He was in a small SUV, if he had been in a fairly low car he would have torn the front end up. There were marks on the ground where he dug into the dirt.

I think he ran off the road, then probably realized he was too drunk to drive. He got out of the car to assess where he was, got dizzy and leaned up against a tree. It's my understanding the officer asked the young man if he had anyone who could come and get him, and the young man called a friend who was willing to come get him. The officer told me it didn't appear he had damaged anything, and asked me if I had any issues with letting him go with a warning. I never spoke to the young man personally, but from observing the interaction with the officer he didn't seem argumentative and complied with the officer's orders.

I just hope he learned a lesson, doesn't do it again.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to poncho-mike For This Useful Post: