View Single Post
Old 08-29-2022, 02:09 PM
Senior Chief

I live near a T intersection, lets say above the left hand part of the horizontal bar. One miserable night, I hear a godawful noise, and go into the field next to me to find a lady went straight thru the dead end intersection, and ended up in the field near my garage. It was very dark, very rainy, foggy, and generally cold and miserable, not to mention about 10pm. Lady driving was early 70s. Obviously shaken up, and managed to strain her SUV between two trees about 6" narrower than her vehicle at somewhere around 40mph. Glass everywhere. She was out of the vehicle before I even got to it. I brought her in the house, warmed her up, calmed her down. I called her husband from her phone, he lives 2 miles away. He called the cops. Sheriffs deputy arrives, talks to her, no DUI. Talks to me. Deputy says he is not citing her. No property destroyed besides hers, and she wasn't injured. We also heard that she had just moved her own mother in with her so the mother could die in peace in a familiar place. Nothing but sympathy for the lady, she was just having a bad night. Deputy was older and exercised a lot of discretion, he could written a whole bunch of tickets.

64 F-85
72 4-4-2 Mondello's VO Twister II
84 Hurst/Olds #2449
87 Cutlass Salon
54 Olds 88 sedan