View Single Post
Old 07-17-2021, 09:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

i posted on your other thread on this but wanted to post here too. im sure some other experts will chime in--

is it an endura material like the earlier 70-73? if so or even if not, confirm what filler they are using on it & if its not the 3M or SEM flexible bumper/plastic filler thats probably why its cracking. ive used the SEM flexi-weld product on a few different materials from a 72 endura nose to a 78 nose & also 79-81 flexible wheel flares, its held up crack free for 10 years on the 78 & 81 cars & going strong on the 72 nose for 5 years. this is in the midwest where the cars go from 0f to 90+f each year as well as lots of flexing when installed.

another thing guys with endura bumpers do is to use a coat or 2 of epoxy primer, everyone says API is the best but i used a different brand on the 72 nose & it likely helped a lot with avoiding cracks.

& a final thing to try if they arent is a flex agent in the paint/clear on top of a flexible primer, flex agent will cure out but allows the parts to be manhandled during installation without cracking as easy... on my 81 i had some welting left over that was painted with flex agent, could bend it almost 180* & it wouldnt crack, a couple months later it would crack at much less of a bend angle.

hope you can figure it out but need to confirm what material they are using, painting plastic & rubber can be a B!