View Single Post
Old 10-01-2023, 02:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I had a similar issue with a VW a while back. They really make you jump through hoops with any kind of oil consumption claim. I was never able to meet all their requirements for validating the oil consumption because, like your friend, we were using the car daily and had 9-5 jobs. It was consuming around a quart per 1,000 miles which apparently was within their specs. I ended up giving up getting them to acknowledge the problem, and got a surprisingly good price from the used car team at the same dealer LOL. That’s the end of our VW experience.

I have a ‘13 Kia Optima 2.0 Turbo for my daily. Overall it’s been a good car, but I did get the engine replaced under warranty a few years back. No issue at all with the warranty since you could hear the rods knocking and Kia had a massive recall around the issue. Neither engine had an oil consumption issue, but there are still a handful of outstanding recalls I need to take it in for.

'95 Comp T/A #6 M6 - bone stock (pics)
The Following User Says Thank You to Verdoro 68 For This Useful Post: