View Single Post
Old 12-04-2022, 12:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulajones View Post
That's the other end of this dilemma that I didn't bother to mention.

Oil pressure and oil does play a small roll in the end result. We all know engines can live a happy life with low idle oil pressure, but it can have an affect on hydraulic lifter noise, especially these days with the internal tolerances and bleed down rates on these lifters that can be all over the place. Questionable bleed down rates are only exaggerated with low oil pressure at idle.

Also related is how many of these lifter companies used to preach that hydraulic roller lifters should be run with 10-30 oil. While I never found that necessary, that suggestion was years ago long before bleed down rates became an issue. Now with questionable internal tolerances I think it goes without saying.

Or how different brand oils may not hold their viscosity as well as others.

Maybe none of this will help, but looks like there can be a lot of things at play. Shouldn't be this way but it's what we have.
What weight oil do you run in your HR lifter engines, or are all of yours hybrids?

I had a recent conversation with Paul Carter. He's been using the newest CC HR lifters. They have the oil hole in the correct location, no need to perform the small grinding mod in the lifter bore, that Paul helped us with. He had no bad words for these newest HR lifters. Thanks. PAUL!!!

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...