View Single Post
Old 01-31-2023, 05:25 PM

Thank you again. Please let me explain my circumstance and the reason for my questions. Whilst talking in the pit area during a racing weekend a couple of years ago, a good friend that builds his own racing engines, albeit that they're fords!!, told me that he wanted to make my car, a fully road legal, street trimmed including all interior trim etc 1969 firebird convertible , run in the 11 sec zone. He was told in no uncertain terms that this wasn't possible. However, the journey began. I ordered parts from Tin Indian Performance to a specific recipe. During this time there was a couple of 'confusion issues' whereby the builder asked for certain items but I was told, very nicely, by Kevin and the T.I.P. staff that they weren't necessary. As the engine builder specified these parts I went along with what he asked.Therefore there are a couple of things that he wasn't 'pontiac wise' to including the need for PCV and setting the valve lash or preload whichever you prefer. He set them as he would his fords but, none of his are road vehicles, purely race. This is where the slight differences occur. However, with his engine, at a great cost to me, the car has run a best of 11.40 @ 125mph so he achieved his goal. The dyno run proved it at 600HP @ 5800 RPM and 600 ft lb torque at 4800 RPM.
I hope this clears up a few issues and stops people thinking that I'm playing with stuff I don't understand. I just have a busy mind and a non Pontiac wise engine builder!!!! Thanks all for the information given.

The Following User Says Thank You to wakesupremo For This Useful Post: