View Single Post
Old 01-18-2023, 03:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78w72 View Post
i use the procar rally seats in a 72 firebird and am very happy with them. they are not cheap priced or quality, they are about $350ea now. they are very comfortable & the high side bolsters really hold you in place unlike most factory seats... plus they recline!

i went with the standard vinyl that seems to be very good quality & no signs of ripping, cracking or wearing out but they offer colors & i think a microfibre fabric or even real leather for added cost.

the vertical stitching matched the factory rear seats & door panel stitching of some mid to later 70's cars, i used some 78 firebird rear seats & they are a pretty good match. they make a low back version too for earlier muscle cars that used that style but i prefer the higher backs with adjustable head rests.

be aware the seat tracks they come with are universal & the bolt holes wont line up with the factory locations on the floor for most cars, they sell vehicle specific tracks but they are expensive & most say they are too tall for most average height people. i chose to make some custom brackets out of 3/16" thick plate steel to bolt to the seat that allowed me to use the factory tracks, the seats sit at about factory height.
Way Cool!!!
I may have to drop by CR and scope those out!!!
I don't get to Iowa enough....

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...