Thread: $2000 carb?
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2004, 11:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Consider the question in a different manner: let's say you are a racer, and your competition is 1/10 of a second quicker than you are. How much will you spend to pick up that 1/10 (maybe you are already in the 10 second range)?

Now let's say that you show cars, not race them; and your competition is 2 points better than you are. How much will you spend to pick up that 2 points?

Personally, I built one race car. It was a "money pit"; I won't go there again. I also built one show car. It was a "money pit"; I won't go there again.

However, for the individual seriously interested in a true numbers matching (remember the date codes also have to match), the mentioned figure for the correct carb (that one is quite scarce) is no worse than a racer spending about the same for a set of e-heads.

And remember, for it to bring this figure, at least 2 individuals have to think it is worth the price.

Jon.

"The most expensive carburetor is the wrong one given to you by your neighbor".

If you truly believe that "one size fits all" try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!

Owner of The Carburetor Shop, LLC (of Missouri).

Current caretaker of the remains of Stromberg Caburetor, and custodian of the existing Carter and Kingston carburetor drawings.