View Single Post
Old 03-19-2024, 12:02 PM

holee scheet.....things do not sound good at Edelbrock...they've moved more times than I can count, from California, to Tennessee, to Mississippi, Arizona...and combined with Comp Cams. former employees reveal what went on inside Edelbrock after Vics Sr./Jr. both passed. not a good scene. they lost all their old timer engineering talent.

https://www.speed-talk.com/forum/vie...ca0c8&start=15

Re: What Happened to Edelbrock's new VRS-4150 Carburetor?

Post by SchmidtMotorWorks » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:23 pm
That carb would have come from a supplier in China that makes them already.
When I worked at Edelbrock, we were offered billet carbs made by the same company that makes a billet carb (I think it was FST).
The price was shocking low. The machine work and anodising looked perfect.

The problem at Edelbrock is that all of the motivated and talented middle-aged Engineers have moved-on to better paying jobs.
I am glad to have experienced "peak Edelbrock". Now that Chad has left, they are doomed, he was the go-to guy for most engineering decisions.
Brent has moved into marketing.

Engineering at Edelbrock was fun in some ways, but the problems out in the manufacturing shop are too frustrating and demoralizing to design for.
I designed an RB Chrysler head for 383,426,440 engines that was a huge improvement over the previous head.
The foundry tooling was made by an outside supplier that did a great job.
The casting came out great.
The machine shop scrapped pallet loads of them, never made a usable head that I heard of.

Input from marketing can be demoralizing too. After a year of getting a manifold to perform as well as the best Ford manifolds, marketing want the shape of the plenum to have a different style...killed 25 HP. Ruined the product. It being aluminum was too heavy anyhow compared to the plastic Ford manifolds.