View Single Post
Old 01-14-2022, 10:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeGermanHam View Post
Although the idea of moving the body on the frame seems like a reasonable suggestion and I like the spirit of it, the reality of attempting such a task might result in upsetting the panel gaps between the doors and the fenders, hood, etc. If we were talking about an unassembled car without the front clip, I'd say yeah go for it, but on a fully assembled car I'd be more hesitant. I did this on my car when I dropped the body back onto the frame, but it was a 100% bare shell with no interior, glass, etc. to weigh it down and make it harder to pull. Critically, I didn't have the doors, fenders, or hood installed yet, either.
I considered the gaps changing before I suggested it, but 1/2 inch at the rear of the body is less at the front. Unless someone has done it before, no one knows for sure. It may flex the metal enough that it all moves together. I guess weighing out whether the juice is worth the squeeze is what the OP has to do.

But we're putting the cart before the horse, gotta see if the if the rear axle is centered in the chassis first. It may be in the suspension, and not the body.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated