View Single Post
Old 01-14-2022, 12:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtexan View Post
I will measure from frame to rear diff on each side to determine if it's centered tonight.
How many body mount bolts are holding it in place?
Also, where would be a safe place to pull from on the body if needed? Behind the rear rocker panel?

Thx Mike
I've actually have never tried it, but threw it out as an idea if the rear axle is centered and square, and the sheetmetal needed to be slid one way, or the other.

I've wrenched on cars as my living for roughly 50 years, so I tend to think of logical ways to solve problems, and that would be what I'd try if the body needed to be moved a fraction of an inch.

Since the rear, behind the rear axle kickup of an A body frame is pretty weak, I'd be looking for a place to pull in the rear axle area, or ahead of the rear axle, where the frame is much more robust. Get your body centered, and re-tighten the body mounts, and see where it ends up.

Most body, frame configurations have alignment holes that you put a round guide in to align them, it may prove to be off those guide holes. But you're going to have some type of manual, or a video of where those alignment holes are on your particular car. Maybe someone with more body shop background on the board will chime in?

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated