View Single Post
Old 08-28-2021, 10:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
You have that so straight you should just polish it and spray some clearcoat. Wow! I think you have outdone yourself. Thanks for sharing all your work.
Thanks for your compliments! You might change your thoughts when you see the black primer on it though. Nothing like black epoxy primer to make what you think looks great in bare metal to kind of looking like crap!

So here's my update for the last few days of work.
I removed the nose to apply primer to it separately as I don't want to get any polyester or 2K urethane primer on it. Want to have only epoxy on it as it stays flexible. I put it back on the saw horses and applied 2 coats of white epoxy followed by 2 coats of black. I used white so I would be able to see if I blocked through the black. The next day, I block sanded it all and then sprayed 2 more coats of black on it. So 6 more coats in all.

I then used a combination of stretch wrap and plastic sheeting to make sure I wouldn't get any overspray on the engine and front suspension when I primered the body.

Yesterday, I sprayed 2 coats of black epoxy primer over the entire body.

I now know where all the door dings and hail damage is! I knew it had some but I didn't know it had this many! No big deal as this is the time to get them all filled. It sure made my patch panel butt welds look a lot worse too!

My original intention was to spray polyester primer at this point but I changed up and decided to use filler before doing that.

So here is how it looks as it is right now:

After I get this filler work done, I will spray epoxy primer again and then I will be ready to spray it with the polyester.

'55 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe - Ram Jet 350 / T56 Magnum 6spd, Restomod Completed Sept. 2012, Sold Sept. 2021 PHOTO
The Following User Says Thank You to roger1 For This Useful Post: