View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 01:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well only I could break a brand new cage nut loose from the body. I was trying to install the UMI shock tower brace that I should have installed while the body was off the frame. I tried last week and it was just not going to fit so I called UMI and they told me that I needed to take the body mounts loose and jack up the body and the brace should slide right in.....WRONG. After messing with it for hours it was apparent to me and several other people helping me that it just was not going to go on. So anyway its up for sell but when I set the body back down the rear crossmember drivers side bushing was not seated I adjusted it as best I could but the bolt was still going in kinda cocked so I pried on the crossmember with a pry handle as I tightened the bolt. Well it broke the cage nut inside so now I have to cut a hole in my beautiful new trunk floor to weld a cage nut in. Oh well at least I can cover it with spatter paint and a mat.