View Single Post
Old 11-21-2022, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdoro 68 View Post
I just installed a 2.5" stainless x-pipe Pypes system over the last few weekends. I bought the stuff from Summit, so who knows how long it's been on the shelf. The down pipes are p/n DGA20S33 and the rest of the system was p/n SGA10S.

I have 2003-ish RARE manifolds. I had to trim about 1/8-3/16 off the lip of the pipe to get it to clear the studs on the manifold. Understandable since I'm sure these pipes have fit manifolds with 3" dumps too. The flanges supplied with the kit were beefier than the ones that came with my RARE manifolds, but I couldn't get them to fit my manifolds so I reused the ones that came with my manifolds.

I'm at 4.5" of clearance at it lowest spot. At the x-pipe I'm a little over 5" and at the mufflers I'm at 6" of clearance. I'm not sure how I could get the system any higher - with the car in the air the x-pipe is up against the drive shaft.

I've got about 1" between the down pipes and the trans crossmember. I agree that it seems like you could get them a little higher up if there was less height to the drop from the manifold. I debated taking a little more off the lip of the pipe because it looks like it's hitting the lip on the manifold, but I didn't want to risk breaking the seal on the front because the pipe was angled too far up towards the back.

The clearance I have looks better than 1beautifuldaughter. I didn't measure the clearance of my old system, but I'd bet it was in the ballpark of this one.

I'm running into the same thing with the Pypes pipe lip. Looks like I'll have to trim it to clear the manifold bolts. 2.25" ram air manifolds.

Piece of paper in with the head pipes that sort of mentions maybe having to trim it to fit but not very much detail.

My first exhaust job so kinda frustrating. Surprised there isn't more posts about this.