View Single Post
Old 04-07-2024, 02:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It's supposed to be silver .. far more a slightly shiny gray. Most of these filaments are made to look good from the vertical side, not the top surface so not very shiny. I have filament that is supposed to be shinier .. but it can be kind of finicky so that will wait till the actual design is finalized.

The result on the left was was done with a 0.4mm nozzle, the prototype was done with a 0.2 nozzle ... so the one on the left SHOULD have been a lower resolution, but it appears that reduction in resolution was more than offset by printer settings for the 0.4mm nozzle being set up better.

The company that makes the printer has recognized that their printing profile for 0.2mm nozzles has some issues and they are working on a fix. The 0.2mm nozzle is so freaking small that it can be a challenge to get it right, but when it is it looks great. I changed filament brands to something that was supposed to be better ... but doesn't appear to be.

So that's a good catch, results were kind of opposite of what I expected. The upside is that the 0.4mm nozzle will print the wheel about 3 times faster.

Below is the wheel/tire combo, based on the dimensions of a G70-14. Still some work to do there, need to find a soft filament that doesn't print so shiny. Pops on to the wheel very nicely with a little effort. As you can see the complete model will be pretty large.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tire-Wheel.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	631696