Ultimate Warrior

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadhead View Post
Ian,

How are you recovering my friend?

Merry Christmas!

Bruce
Recovering REALLY well thanks Bruce. I busted my leg on August 7th and I was told to look forward to the pins being in for 6 months and another 6 months before I was sort of back in shape.

Well, I went to the doctor for a scheduled examination 3 months less one day. He was looking at the x-rays and said I think these pins might be able to come out sooner than we thought. Not soon enough for me I replied. He looked at me and OK, 7am tomorrow!!!

So, 3 months to the day, the pins were out.... I checked into hospital at 7am, had a general anesthetic at 9am, was in the recovery ward at 10.15, missus came to pick me up at noon and I went straight back to work.

NOT what I was supposed to do but when you are running your business, the incentive is pretty strong to get going again. Never took one pain killer either. That was 5 weeks ago.

I'm back walking in shoes again, driving the (manual) Hi-Ace van so using the clutch with my crook leg. Gets a bit sore sometimes but you just have to keep going. Even the physio is fairly amazed at what I have been able to do fairly quickly.

Still, one heck of a wake up call. Not something I ever want to repeat...

I'll use this note to wish ALL my Pontiac friends a wonderful Christmas and a great New Year. Thanks to you all for your freindship and communication.

Cheers

Ian