View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken66 View Post
The ones I have are the bottom style and yes, they do slide around a bit in there. I hadn't noticed before and I hope I didn't lead y'all down the garden path. I was just so tickled to be able to find the refills rather than replace the blade. I guess I'll have to see how they hold up...

Just be sure to try them before you really need them. We had rain here Sunday, and I was driving the car. They worked if I used them for one swipe at a time (I have Rain-X on there), but when I slowed down and had to let them run continuously on the low setting, it only took about a dozen consecutive passes before they came unhooked and started to come out of the arm. I am going in this week to get new ones for my truck and will put the snap to fit ones on. They are stainless metal on the sides and have a tang that fastens on both sides of the end instead of just one (no way to compress & slide out). I'll cut with a Dremel to get the correct length. If all else fails I will replace the rubber in the old ones & JB the end closed.

13 Smiles per Gallon:
66 Bonneville wagon
66 Bonneville 2d HT - In perpetual progress