View Single Post
Old 07-01-2022, 07:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Based on $44.00 for 330 miles in Kansas City - that equates to about 9.6 gallons of gas (based on gas at $4.60 per gallon in the KC area) - or about 34.4 MPG. Is that $44.00 based on charging at home?

Last year, in my 2019 Chevy Equinox, I drove from SE, MN to O'Fallon, MO on my way to the NASCAR Nashville Super Speedway on one tank of gas (about 500 miles and averaged 35.2 MPG and it cost me about $42.00 to fill up. Without the dramatic increase in gas prices over the last year (about $3.00 per gallon vs $4.60 in KC), it appears my Equinox is more energy efficient than a Tesla Model X Plaid. And I didn't have to go search for a place to recharge somewhere in the middle of nowhere in Iowa on the way. It only took 5 minutes to fill my tank and I continued on my way to St. Louis where we spent the night (had a wonderful dinner at Ruth Chris Steak House by the Arch).

No, my Equinox is not as fast a Model X, but for most people (not necessarily you), the reason to go electric is to be green and to theoretically save money. Of course, my Chevy Equinox Premier was well over $100,000 less than your Model X Plaid. I just traded in my 2019 yesterday and purchased an identically equipped 2022 Equinox and only had to write a check for less than $9,000 (including tax, title and license) after 4 years and 42,000 miles.

I have no experience with recharging an electric vehicle while traveling, but I've heard that many of the commercial recharge centers is much more expensive than charging at home and can't be done in 5 minutes.

The Following User Says Thank You to The Champ For This Useful Post: