Thread: 1970 WS Block??
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2022, 08:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I wonder if the 112586 car is one that I owned in the early 1980s. Is CC white?

In 1982, I bought an ultra-low option 1970 Trans Am from a guy that lived outside of Hendersonville, NC. I was living near Charlotte NC at the time, about 90 miles away. Hendersonville is about 20 miles from Asheville. The car was white 4-spd w/ 3.55 gears, black standard interior, console, and tinted windshield only. I especially remember the glass, because I wondered if the windshield had been replaced because it was the only tinted glass on the car. I owned that car before I knew Pontiac would send build sheets out, so I never had a PHS.

That T/A had been rode hard and put up wet before I got it. The original engine had been replaced with a later model T/A engine, but it still had the 12-bolt. It had rust starting in it, and that was 40 years ago.

I didn't have it long. About six months later, I found another 1970 T/A (also with the incorrect engine) that was in better shape and had a much stronger drivetrain. I sold the first T/A at either Autofair or the old Metrolina Car show at the old Charlotte Fairgrounds . I think it went out of state, but I don't remember where it went.