View Single Post
Old 01-17-2024, 06:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hi: Not sure this will be of any help. But I just did a timing belt on our 2014 Acura RDX. I watched quite a few videos before doing the job. Anyhow, after turning engine over to TDC one guy said to mark the belt and the cogs at the crank and the cams before removing the belt. So I made a mark on the crank and both cams as it's a V6 with a cam for each head. I also transferred the marks to the new belt and even counted the cogs on the belt to make sure everything lined up on the new belt. When I installed the belt I ended up with one of the cams one tooth out. This is where I got a bit concerned. So I sat there looking at it and of course over thinking it. I took a wrench and put a bit of tension on one of the cam gears so I could line up the mark on the belt and sure enough, everything lined up. I had never done one of these before and I was pretty nervous. The dealership or should I say the stealer-ship wanted $1400 to change the belt. 4 hours later and a belt cost of $90 and I was done.

68 Firebird. IA2 block, 505 cu in, E-head, Solid roller 3650 weight. Reid TH400 4:11 gear. 29" slick.
Best so far 10.12@133 mph. 1.43 60 ft.
76 Trans am, TKX .81 o/d, 3.73 Moser rearend,
468 with KRE D-ports, Doug headers, 3" Exh.
The Following User Says Thank You to chuckies76ta For This Useful Post: