View Single Post
Old 05-17-2020, 05:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

If it truly is running that cold then it's not good for the motors longevity, no less fuel usage and power, because heat is power!
A internal combustion engine is running on expanding hot air, so always keep this in mind.

Running that cold means the motor is likely taking longer to warn up then it should and test conducted long long ago prove out that 70 percent of all the ware a engine acquirers takes place between the time its cold and up to normal a normal temp.

The oil temp in the motor needs to atleast get up to the boiling point of water so that the normal condensation that is a byproduct of combustion gets sucked out of the motor.

If your just crusing around with light throttle at 2500 rpm even with a water temp reading of 160 it's unlikely that your oil temp will get up to above the needed 212 degrees for a much longer time then it should!

And the size ( cid ) and main jurnal size of the motor makes a difference also.
On my oil temp gauge I found that my 455 got up to 230 degrees of oil temp near 5 minutes faster at 3000 rpm then my 400 did!

1) 1940s 100% silver 4 cup tea server set.

Two dry rotted 14 x 10 Micky Thompson slicks.

1) un-mailed in gift coupon from a 1972 box of corn flakes.
Two pairs of brown leather flip flops, never seen more then 2 mph.

Education is what your left with once you forget things!