View Single Post
Old 04-10-2022, 07:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by straycat View Post
Was going to see the Beach Boys but only 1 member touring so I decided to stay home work on the car and listen to a few albums
The beach boys can be a little dicey as far as "which " touring band your going to see. Mike Love, (who everyone seems to hate}, has a touring band called the Beach boys. He is the only original member of that band. Yes he can be pretty prickly and annoying at times during the intros. The touring band is changing members on a regular basis but they generally sound pretty good. They stick to the hits. If you like the Endless Summer album, that's pretty much what you will hear at a Mike Love concert. Have seen them numerous times, good show. Now a Brian Wilson concert, that's a whole different animal. He is still a super perfectionist. The touring band are all accomplished musicians, 9 to 12 pieces with back-up singers. Perfect sound, and much deeper cuts from the Pet Sounds era. One of the best concerts I have been to in the last 7-8 years. Really glad I had a chance to see Brian live. Probably won't tour much longer.