View Single Post
Old 07-17-2021, 07:24 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68ragtop View Post
A piece of masking tape rolled around the edges will be close to what you will have left once painted. Not much difference, but its worth noting. Did you fit your fenders to the bumper, gapped the hood edge & got lucky with the doors, or did you tweak the doors a bit? I started my gaps in the front and worked to the fronts of the doors. then twisted the doors to fit the quarters. backwards from how the factory did it, but it doesn't take much & every door is different I have found. My rockers also curved in slightly at the front, so I had to pull them out a fuzz. Maybe the last 5" as I recall. whenever I see cars with perfect rocker, door & fender fitment I usually wonder if they did the same thing, or they just got lucky. Never fit great from the factory, but with enough patience and willingness to modify the sheet metal here & there, they can get pretty darn close.
I will definitely be needing someone to do this for me on my 68 because I will get so frustrated and use words that aren't fit for children's ears