View Single Post
Old 05-09-2024, 09:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Zeppelin View Post
I think about the only complaint on the repop tail lights is when they light up they are more "pinkish" looking .

Saw a nice 70 Judge convertible drive up the lane on a mecum or BJ auction show years ago.
When driver hit the brake pedal one side was red and one side was pink.
One original and one repop

I'm sure the same will be true for the 71 version too.
Never have ran across a pinkish glow from the repro '70-72 taillight lenses.. What one will run across with the JoeParts repro's are lenses that were molded slightly too short on the inboard side, this leaves a wider gap than stock between the lense & the bumper. On a driver/local showcar, perfectly fine, the ribs on the '71 GTO taillight lenses are so fragile, even the repro's will be hard pressed to hold up on a driver. Drivers get repro's.

As far as lense color differences go, over the years I've purchased all three styles of NOS '70-72 Pontiac Abody taillight lenses. Most of them, the red lense was bright red. There were also a few that while NOS, in the box, the red was more of a darker almost maroon shade. In one case, I've mated up one of those darker near maroon colored nos lenses with a perfect used taillight lense that has been polished.

Pricing... flawless bright red NOS '71 "GTO" tail lamp lenses, I'd put the value at more than "3 times" the price of the Joe Parts repro's. Flawless nos '70 "GTO" lenses, QUITE a bit more.