Thread: Blue T/A
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2024, 03:06 AM

The car looks great Bryan! Great looking shots. I love the last shot in particular. kidding...
My car was in a totally different category, for one, it was a "driver"! To a point that I used to drive it anywhere ( I didn't realize the value the car it had at time, and the potentially enormous future value)
One night I even took it to the movies in a not so great neighborhood in Brooklyn, to find out at end of the movie that the TA was gone! It turns out, some kids had takin it for joy ride and planned to dismantle it and sell for parts. I was lucky enough to get all the pieces they taken off back (the TA was reduced to scrap to a point where I had have towed back to my house) the "friend" who helped me get the pieces back was so "convincing" that one morning I found ALL the parts lined up on my (of course I was amazed more than surprised).
After a couple of months of work, I was able to put the TA back together and "drive" it again. Yes, I didn't the lesson!
I did have a few other TA's before that, but that '70 really touched my heart and left a big void in it, when I had my arm twiisted and was "persuaded" to sell it.
One of greatest regrets I have, was not having enogh sense to not only look for it sooner! To think that in the mid-eighties not only you could still find a '70 TA for under 6,000, but you could also find an SD for under 8,000 ("Hemming News" was full of those ads), now you'de be lucky to find a a junky Firebid for that kind of money. Yes, I admit 8,000 dollars was a lot of money to spend for a used car in the late seventies and mid eighties, but it would have been worth it, don't you think?

Last edited by abarone300; 05-06-2024 at 03:16 AM.