View Single Post
Old 05-04-2024, 12:12 AM

While the majority is from Rock Auto, I deal with quite a bit of older hard to find cars. Needed Delphi fuel pump assembly for a 96. It was a Chevy and a oddball with low production. That was first year on high pressure pumps (Vortec). I ended up trying 3 pumps and one was a bad unit. I had every expectation it would be hard to return, but Parts Authority was pretty easy to return. I did have to ask for a manager and cut through the standard 30 day or nothing rule.

Here is what I learned, reason everybody quit putting out a steel lined fuel pump with compression couplings is because of the switch over from low pressure (95 and down) and high pressure (96 up). So I was out of choices to match OEM. Parts Authority number they advertised as right for my vehicle was only right for 95 down. That error did not happen on Rock Auto side, they were up to speed on this oddity. I kept my 3rd pump from Delphi with low pressure motor. Am ordering a high pressure Delphi motor portion so I can utilize the Parts Authority assembly (mine was poor condition). I did get genuine Delphi. And paying more got me excellent tech support on a fast call to Delphi which is what I needed to un-confuse this 3 times and you're out mess.

Aggregator describes their type. Like the off names Rock Auto has (Spectra). They may have OEM or any number of alternates in the box.